Language of Flowers coloring book
Learn the language of flowers while you color and relax!
Do you believe that nature speaks to us? Or rather, that nature can speak for us? The Victorians did. A yellow carnation expressed disdain while a red tulip declared love. In the Victorian era the practice of floriography was a means of sending coded messages through small bouquets ("tussie-mussies"). This flower craze resulted in the publication of hundreds of floral dictionaries in the 19th century. These dictionaries have inspired The Language of Flowers Coloring Book. In the pages of this book you will find 45 high-quality coloring pages featuring individual flowers, their meanings and common colorings. You will also find a quick reference glossary of flower meanings at the back of the book.
- A total of 45 high-quality realistic flower illustrations printed on single-sided pages.
- Meanings and common colors for each flower.
- 4 "tussie-mussie" illustrations.
- A brief history of the Victorian language of flowers.
- A quick reference glossary in the back of the book.
- Whimsical vintage-inspired floral style.
Great for all skill levels, The Language of Flowers Coloring Book is the perfect gift for any colorist, garden or flower lover in your life.
Written and illustrated by local Camano Island artist, Samantha Wagner of @hemlockhousestudio